I need to tattoo this on my forehead: your children are ALWAYS watching you! Silas had a dermatologist's appointment for a little spot on his head today. We arrived at the appointment in plenty of time. The day was gloriously sunny, I treated myself to an eggnog latte on my way and the kids were all doing great (no arguing or complaining.) What could go wrong? The whole appointment. The really, really, really, really BAD customer service. The really rude receptionist, the assistant with NO clue, and the annoying doctor who we waited for for almost an hour. It was a golden opportunity to shine with the love of Jesus (be filled with love and understanding) but instead I got a bad attitude, yelled at the kids and pretty much acted like a 17 year old who didn't get her way. The kids never said anything, but I know they were watching me, and learning. Soaking in my reactions. Dissecting my every move. It's hard being in the spotlight everyday. I so fall short. I'll try to do better, kiddos!
BTW: The spot on Silas' head is a birthmark, the doctor recommended having it removed before puberty as this type of birthmark can become cancerous in later life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment