I started this blog yesterday on www.wordpress.com It's too advanced for this girl. Really. I was lost and needed someone to hold my hand. I spent over an hour trying to post a picture but to no avail. Why didn't I just go with blogger in the first place. I don't know...just wanted to try something new I guess. So here I am, starting over, yet I have barely just begun...
Magic Pink Tights. December 14, 2009
I hate mornings. The only good thing about mornings is it is coffee time. Dunkin’ Donuts regular to be exact. This Seattle girl has gone to the dark side and joined the ranks of something that someone in the NW would snub. But I have to say, it is good stuff, I’m hooked. Fresh ground each and every morning, of course.
This morning I managed to get up before the kiddos and got tons done before they woke up. I love being ahead of the game. Now that Silas is sleeping better, I want to get up and prep my day before they even think about waking up. That involves getting up at some crazy time like 6am…I’ve done it before, I can do it again! While I was feeding Silas around 8:30am, I heard Macy running up and down the stairs and wondered what she was up to. She peeked in the guestroom where I was watching the Today show and announced that her show was about to begin and was I ready to be seated? Wil wandered in after her and asked if he could come to the show. Sure. Apparently, all of us has reserved front row seats.
We all followed Macy down the stairs and lo and behold, the livingroom had been picked up and looked beautiful. Two chairs and a bumpo seat were set up in a row by the Christmas tree and we were asked to be seated. Macy was dressed up in her pink leotard and pink tights and was especially giddy about us being there. She had even set up her boom box next to the fireplace and had her favorite CD at the ready (Kid’s Bop 3). She danced over to the boombox, pressed play and started dancing across the floor, stopping after the first 15 seconds or so to explain to us that she made up this routine last night and practiced it in her head all night. “I even dreamed about it.” The performance lasted about 2 minutes. A mix between ballet, riverdancing and the flag girls’ moves from the high school marching band. After she was done and we clapped our hearts out (at least I did) she asked if I noticed how high she jumped in her ballet moves. When I said yes, she said that it felt like her tights were magical and they made her jump really high. I love having a little girl. I love that she is so darn feminine, yet loves to play with any little boy that comes along. I love her little baby-tooth filled smile that I know I’ll miss once those 2 loose top front teeth fall out. I love her vivid imagination that gives me hope that more is possible, if I would just stretch myself a little bit. I love my little girl in magical pink tights.
Practice does not make perfect. December 13, 2009
Okay, world. Here I go…a blog. Catherine, you were the one that inspired me to start. I want to write all clever and saavy like you, but I know that God gave us each our own voice and mine won’t be even close to yours. Oh, well, I’m gonna celebrate the differences and keep going.
The goal of this blog is just to record a day in the life of, well, our family. Someday perhaps our kids will enjoy reading how hard I tried, even if on many days I fail. Practice will never make perfect. I preach to the kids that there is no such thing as perfection…only trying your best. So here it goes.
After church today, I took Wil on a little Christmas shopping trip. He was dressed for the occasion and was so excited when I announced it was our “date.” That’s the key word: “date.” That usually means a fun treat involving sugar or a toy along the way. The kids are so easy to spoil when I am one-on-one. Anyhoo, he was all dressed up in his new Christmas outfit from Aunt Shannon. It was a nice change from the daily superhero outfits which is all he usually will wear. In fact, I didn’t even ask him to dress up, he just showed up in our bedroom at 8am all dressed and wanting to know when church started. Mike and I actually planned on playing hookey from church and stay home, but when he looked at me with his big blue eyes and asked to go to church, what kind of mama would I be to deny my baby a visit to God’s house? So, I take him, just the two of us.
Wil is such a sweetie pie. At our first shopping stop, he gets out of the van and first thing he does is reach for my hand to hold. His little paw is so small, soft and sweet. Somewhere along the line I scared him to death about getting run over in a parking lot so he immediately and without fail always holds hands. Once upon a time he wouldn’t hold anyone’s hand but his own. It was so funny watching him walk along side me with him holding one of his own hands. Makes me laugh just thinking about it. Anyway, after we found Mike’s gift and were walking back to the car hand in hand, I reminded him that the present we got for Daddy was a surprise. He looked at me and said, “I know! I’m gonna tell him I got him a pile of rocks!” It’s the little things like this that I don’t want to forget. The treat of the day (his choosing) was a Burger King cheeseburger without pickles. He told me how much he loved it all the way home. Again, it’s the little things that make me love being a mom. We took a nap together after we got home. Wil and I love to sleep. That kid can outsleep me…it is amazing. Put him in a bed and he’s out. I love napping with him, he’s a cuddler.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment