Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Six outfits...two days.

Having a sick baby is sad. Silas woke up from his afternoon nap yesterday fussy with a gurgly tummy. It didn't take long for the pre-nap bottle to come up...all over me. He waited until I changed into outfit #2 to cover me again with yet another round of curdled milk. So, today's homeschool lessons were put on the back burner and the Christmas movies I recorded were presented with cheers from Macy and Wil while I sat cuddled in the softest of blankets with my sweet but sick baby. As I write this, I'm in outfit #6. It's a freaky one...my flannel pj bottoms and a sweater than I never wear because I feel ugly in it. I didn't manage a shower, so I smell of half-digested curdled milk that managed to seep through outfit #5 onto my bra. The house is a mess...games and puzzles we did after the movie never got put away and the lunch and dinner dishes are still waiting for me. But hey, it was a good day...a good day because we didn't have anything scheduled and we didn't have to go anywhere. A good day because Macy learned how to take care of a sick baby. A good day because my kids are learning how to be flexible and sympathetic. A good day because we're learning to help each other out. A good day because we got to be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment